Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Week-end/Week-beginning

So we launched our new series, "Walking on the Moon" last night. Seemed to go OK despite a rather "direct" message from 1 Peter 2:9-10. A chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. Felt somewhat convicted to emphasise the last of these points - a holy nation...in 2002 I had the opportunity to go to a Willow Creek leadership intensive as one of about 70 international leaders. One of the highlights was an address by the legendary Dr B - in speaking on biblical community he described those people that treat the bride of Christ as if she was "a gutter bitch"...I kid you not! So, I used this account (including the quote) and my reaction to it to name some stuff that is going on with some of our people (Christians I might add - I expect it among the fringe). A couple of accountability meetings ahead this week!

Highlight in the programming was a 60's style sitcom drama complete with canned laughter! That was fun...good response to the message including some ministry opportunties. Hung out with Nick (former atheist, current agnostic) a bit afterwards - he plays a mean guitar and has been recording a CD. So I asked him to bring a copy next week - I'm thinking of asking him to do a short set at our outreach cafe at the end of the month. Should be interesting.

Got plenty of law work done today - the usual weekend post-fest to deal with. A good start to staying ahead this week. Good meeting with Jacob, our missions guy. Nice day today so enjoyed a half hour on the patio with a good book.

Somewhat stirred up concerning a couple of pastoral issues this week. Not my favourite game. Sometimes the temptation I experience is try to solve these things. I'm glad Jesus has a Messiah complex - I don't need one in my life...need to pray more for these situations.

Right, I need to sleep - guess that coffee wasn't a good idea!

Jonesboy

No comments: