Friday, November 12, 2004

The Day After the Week that Was the Week after

Friday arrives and with it the prospect of a day of scattered pursuits! Lots of little things to do that will entertain, relax and generally rejeuvenate...That is after I sort out the beloved trainees...

I have become fixated on buying a shelf today. This as a metaphorical and literal panacea for helping restore health to our garage. My diagnosis is that a terranean, multiple layering approach to ecclesial storage management is not assisting us with consistent vehicular positioning strategies...there's too much ministry crap laying around on the floor to get the car into the garage comfortably...thus a shelf is required...

Its also date day - the past few weeks either Kristen has been working on the day off or we've had things like Conference to navigate. So unknown to my wife we are going to play Jungle Golf prior to a relaxed lunch. Kristen loves mini golf and is only slightly (maniacally) competitive in her approach. Maybe the frontal bulge will slow her down? Probably just frustrate her I suspect. She is doing well right now but is tiring more quickly. But one of us has to work a real job...

I have had 2 formal accountability meetings with leaders this week and one informal with a non leader following some less than savoury pursuits a couple weeks ago. I really felt God come through. I am totally not "conflict guy" but I experienced God's empowering to blend grace with truth, to act decisively yet compassionately. I think our leaders know exactly where they stand in terms of formal accountability, but I hope they also have a greater sense of our commitment to them as people struggling with the same things we all struggle with.

Anyway, the sun is shining, the trash is at the gate, I have only one new post from students overnight, only a modest amount from yesterday to clear, the cat is fed, so am I, the wife has stirred, a golf victory beckons, the shelf seduces...

Jonesball

No comments: