Saturday, October 09, 2004

Does this Scan?

Well, thanks to the miracles of modern technology we now know there is a baby behind Kristen's sudden weight gain! Nice to see Jones Junior doing so well. Apparently all is on track and in the right place with the right numbers...some things I noted:

> I learned that Jones Junior is living in an amniotic fluid environment which includes its own urine and dead skin...that will come in handy later at University...
> Its much more tempting to want to know the sex of a child when you suddenly see it there before you - we stayed ignorant but its suddenly more personal...
> It seems to take after me in brain development, but has Kristen's "sleep genes"...

I need to record something significant: I made the best pizza I have ever made in my life last night! The dough came out perfect, the base was just the right thickness, the pizza sauce a tomato, chilli piquancy, onions, olives, mushrooms, ham, oregano, black pepper and basil seasoning, with just the right amount of cheese and perfectly cooked...all washed down with holy water (otherwise known as Speights Old Dark Malt Ale). Its just that these blogs are supposed to be deep personal reflections - that pizza was a truly spiritual experience...

So I'm off to a strategy meeting this morning - its in my role as worship pastor for pur parent church - we're working through the Action Plan stage of the Natural Church Development process. This has been an exceedingly good experience for us. Some really significant insights have been generated.

Enjoy your weekend...

Jonesboy

No comments: