Friday, October 08, 2004

The Week That Was...

Friday arrives and I haven't blogged since Monday! In part that has been because of other online distractions namely the arrival of EmergentWesleyan.com - Check this link out anytime in the Links Menu.

Its been a great week:

Monday: Fun with the cession staff meeting, presenting to the school board (we use their auditorium) and catching up with a friend with marriage difficulties...
Tuesday: Crunching some of the "to do" list and meeting with cessionlconnect our worship planning group - some great progress in finalising our "Playing Hide & Seek? Genesis For Adults" series and looking ahead to "Walking on the Moon" - we look at destiny and God's plan for our lives...
Wednesday: Catching up with the ECW staff, meeting with some expectant parents-to-be and heading to part 1 of the Parenting course our community trust ran this week (270 people showed up!) Also had a chance for coffee with my Law boss and a colleague - I start teaching again next week. So, I get the chance to talk with them both about what we are doing at cession. The boss, a lapsed Catholic, says, "The more I hear about this, the more I think this is a party I should be going to!" The colleague, who I actually don't know that well says, "That sounds really interesting." Encouraging. life enountering truth.

Thursday: A mentoring opportunity with a young leader and some forward planning for a strategy meeting this Saturday, followed by part 2 of our Parenting course.

Today we head off for our first (18 week) scan of Jones Junior. The usual (I'm sure) mix of anticipation and anxiety. No doubt I'll find something to blog about tomorrow...

Big congratulations to Steve Deur and Watermark church for this weekend: 1 year together and moving to 2 services. These guys are the real deal.

The sun is shining: I like that in a day off!

Jonesboy

No comments: