Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Sucked In...

Had this in "interesting" visit from a vacuum salesman the other day...yeah, really...they're not just urban myths they really do exist. Nice young guy, pretty new to the job. Anyway, if you want to part with the purchase price of a small second hand car you can get this vacuum cleaner that really is phenomenal. Realising very fast that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I began to weigh the real cost of having the carpet in the living room cleaned for free - several hours of my time. Its often the case for me - I get swept away with myself and totally miss the opportunity for a Kingdom moment. And then something clicked and the tables turned. If Lee was going to be in my house for these few hours then he'd better go away with something more than an empty order book. Turns out his real dream is to be involved in graphics and multi-media, so I dragged him down to the office and cruised the cession website and showed him some Flash stuff we have done - he was impressed he's being doing some Flash programming himself. Invited him along to the next cession gathering - he lives very close by to the school we meet in. God, would you draw Lee?

The free lunch at cession did cost something but it is free...

Kiwi Bloke

No comments: