Monday, April 12, 2004

Easter Blog

Its been quiet in Jonesboy blogspace cos I've been communing with nature these past few days...actually that's not true - I wouldn't have played quite so much Halo or Timesplitters 2 if I had truly been doing the nature thing...But we were at an Easter Camp for Young Adults which is run in large part by the cession|community for people from all sorts of churches. And there was forest and ocean. I was real proud of my team for what they achieved and had a great time relaxing as well as getting some good time alongside some of the campers.

I managed to twinge my upper, inner, hamstring...early on in the cricket game, but pushed through the pain for the next 2 hours of cricket and rugby...I am man, hear me roar...

I got to preach on one of the 4 camp days (this is a Thursday pm through Monday camp...) We were running a theme throughout: "Reconcile" Taking the passage from Luke 8 on the bleeding woman and looking at reconciliation with self, with God and with others. I did the last day which meant I got to sum up as well as talk about "community" - it was fun. I could see some of them sit up and pay attention when I began to confess an addiction to the assembled masses - but it was "only" the addiction I have to "self" and so they soon settled back to sleep until I used the h*** word (you get special, dispensation on day 4 of a camp)...my big idea was on how Jesus noticed the un-noticeable in that story...and how that points us to the horizontal aspect of the Cross - the restoration of oneness with each other - actually, I think it went OK. It was a sobering message to prepare - what with the addiction and all.

Speaking of addictions - we hired this coffee machine for the weekend (for the price of the coffee we used) - a real commercial espresso maker...awesome...we only used 5kg of beans...

A bunch of hurting people within the fun. I have a bunch of followups to do...amazing how many people are caught in sexual addictions of various shapes...well perhaps not that amazing...it goes with the territory that what God intended to be a powerful force for good, be twisted for harm...

Makes that whole vertical and horizontal aspect of the Cross even more poignant. Pray with me for these people who are hurting, but becoming reconciled to God, others and themselves...

Hope you had a great Easter

The Jonesboy...

No comments: