Monday, April 05, 2004

Success!

Well, she was surprised! It was hilarious - she was so annoyed about having the meeting on her birthday - I'd done this reflection sheet for a community time at the start - 1. What's something you're celebrating today? 2. What something that's irritating you? Why do you think that is? She actually wrote down about how annoyed she was about the meeting. So we're like having this deep discussion about trust in teams, bla bla when the door opens and in walk all these people yelling out "aardvark"...no sorry that was something else...they yell out "surprise"...people stayed all day and we played cricket at the park next door - that's like baseball only interesting...I have to say my aging body stood up to the rigours of extreme fast bowling - and there was a magic moment when my beautiful wife was watching over the fence and my powerful, athletic body produced a murderous delivery that clean bowled the hapless batter. Yup, we may be happily married with nothing to prove but I am still taken with the need to show off to my wife! Ah, the joy of testosterone-driven ego...

She said it was the best birthday she'd ever had. Made me feel like it was my birthday when she said that...

Sunday night we ran our cession|cafe outreach - www.cession.org.nz - had this great band in, served up awesome curries, nachos and pasta along with these amazing looking desserts...the team were fantastic transforming the school auditorium into a retro cafe right down to our beatnik waiters! Had the chance to connect with some new people - Scott a new guy recently moved into the area - second time along - does TV production in his spare time - God you wouldn't be that good would you? Mark - who asked how he could start giving to the cession|community - when I'd picked myself off the floor I remembered to ask him to come along to our next "Plugging In" - kinda of an orientation to cession thingie. Jean, second time along - spent the whole night in the kitchen - she came last week and asked whether she could help out! I was a little disappointed with the turn out after the huge night we had the first time we ran this but convinced even myself in the post match rev up that this was our second biggest night ever and that it was a successful event. Plenty to learn from...will need to make some time to capture the learnings...

Well job #2 is calling - its yelling actually - man, if I didn't need the money...

Still flying in Kiwiland

No comments: