Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Journey Junk

This last week has been a strange mix...so many highlights:

* I got to meet with Fonz and his wife to talk about baptism - an awesome story - I am so pumped thinking about our baptism celebration in 3 weeks
* We had our first creativity forum last night - it is so cool being in the midst of such synergy - got the next couple of series for cession|connect laid out...
* A cheque for $500 arrived anonymously in the post - thank you God and our mysterious benefactor - we needed the help
* Reuben - an awesome guy and great friend, who heads up our cession|cre8 ministry, arrives with a brand new printer - for us! Apparently someone else wanted to anonymously bless us...he's not saying
* I get to meet regularly with my cession|core leaders - this week I had time one-on-one with Reuben and Melissa - these peeps are amazing - their commitment is phenomenal
* I started my new part time job - 20 hours per week facilitating an online training course for lawyers - thank you Lord for 8 weeks of cash
* We had 2 days away on the side of a volcano overlooking the ocean thanks to a wedding gift from friends - my wife is a babe...but she got her butt kicked in mini-golf...
* Rob Reynolds - from Michigan, USA - stayed with us these past 5 days. He is a cool guy to hang out with - mainly because he laughs at my jokes - I like that in a person...I really enjoyed Rob's wisdom, encouragement and can-do attitude
* We inherited some hand me down furniture from my sister which saved us a packet

Is that enough? Its strange - I've also felt the pressure from some things as well - unfinished tasks, priorities still on the drawing board, people with unmet needs - In that sense its been a roller coaster week. I'm aware that God is blessing us but am also aware of needing to be constantly filled by Him. This is a challenge right now for some reason. So, I made my list. Start small. Thank you God.

Short stocky Kiwi

No comments: