Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter Reflection

Yes, I knew him.

Not personally exactly.

But I heard him teach. At times I was quite close, even with the crowds.

I think he made eye contact with me once.

It didn’t end very well for him.

Yes, I was there in the last crowd he drew.

Terrible business.

I would have done something if I could.

But what could one person have done?

I would have only got myself in trouble.

And as I said I didn’t really know him.

Not like some of the others did.

I never got healed or anything.

If you ask me, he brought it on himself with the things he said.

You could see it coming – and the crowd, well they just turned on him.

What did I do?

Well you could hardly be neutral in that crowd could you?

It wasn’t a time for heroics.

Don’t look at me like that.

You would have done the same!

Pilate washed his hands of the whole thing. He was being "symbolic" - whatever...

But I can’t stop thinking about it. Should I have done something? I feel tainted. Dirty. Ashamed.

If only I had a second chance…if only I had…

1 comment:

BJ said...

Thanks its just what I needed.