Thursday, May 19, 2005

Tired...

Yup, I'm finally admitting it - I am officially sleep-deprived. I've toughed it out for 9 weeks, operating at normal speed (with appropriate and considerable family time) but I need a good 8 hours! Gordon MacDonald writes in his book "Ordering Your Private World" that for some of us the most spiritual thing we can do is get a good night's sleep. Right now I am feeling the truth of that! Struggling to get the things done that I don't like doing!

Feeling a little financially burdened - probably a combination of the actual $$$ but also the grind of managing the personal side of life - my car is giving me grief - failed its Warrant of fitness on rust, driver's door won't unlock etc plus we have this BIG bill from the hospital hanging over us that is all dependent on getting Kristen's immigration sorted...I think its more the working through the steps that I'm struggling to get to, rather than the money itself. God has always looked after us and I'm not expecting Him to pull out now! Not helped by IRD losing my tax receipts and therefore not refunding me my tax rebate...

I should say I'm multi tasking - I'm "officially" taking minutes in the National Council meeting of the Wesleyan Church in NZ. Words used in the last minutes: "symposium", "theological", "affiliation", "priority", "denominational", "sub lease", "dozy", "holiness"...

Anyways, time to get back to the minutes...

Jonesbusiness

No comments: