Friday, January 28, 2005

Sabbath Arrival

The Unthinkable has happened! My Friday Sabbath has arrived (for those of you who don't know I'm a 6th Day Adventist) and even with the new found freedom of fulltime status I haven't cleared my "to do" list. Its kind of annoying but a reality check as well. This is where I get to say, "It is good, what God is doing in and through my life, is good." And then I rest. For me, the offering of a worshipful restfulness is often more worship than my effort for God. Alright I'm convinced. I'll rest.

Had a great small group last night - we officially commissioned Pete and Antoinette to go plant their new group. Pete was baptised last April and has grown hugely in his relationship with God and in his leadership. Antoinette is an invitational machine. They will be partnering with 2 of our cessionlcore leaders, Reuben and Vania, and are putting together an awesome group of people. It was a wonderful moment for the group recalling the experiences of the past months and realising that we were helping extend that kind of opportunity to others.

This week I wrote an article for Emergent Wesleyan - I don't really like doing these sorts of things - there are some pretty ascerbic commentators on the site - and I'm not really into that. The first commentator was kind, although he said he didn't understand what I was getting at (although he did)! So much for the clarity of my thought! Thats fine - its just more postmodern that way...anyway you can check it out here if you're interested. In suggesting that there is a kind of postmodern fundamentalism in some emerging churches that is often as exclusive and as purging as their "modern" counterparts, I'm bound to raise the ire of some. So if its blood, particularly my blood you want to see, have a look in a couple of days. Of course, maybe what I have written IS meaningless in which case no one will comment!

Right I need to get busy with this resting.

Jonesboy

PS Prayer Blog is updated...

No comments: