Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Beat Goes On

A busy week. I realised my online class is bigger than I thought. This means my inbox is perpetually under attack from automatic forwards from the IPLS website. Its much easier to deal with students' work via email but its daunting to come back to it at the end of the day to see 30 pieces of work waiting for your comment! Anyways, it pays the rent for the moment.

There are some interesting discussions taking place on the EmergentWesleyan.com site. A great article by one Steve "Deurty" Deur dealing with some engrained attitudes Christians can find themselves harbouring. I probably spend too much time wandering around this site. But it is mind stretching at times. There are some pretty phenomenal minds putting in some time with their posts. And some great comedy. By the way if you have any great articles you'd like to submit for consideration let me know and I'll hook you up.

Had a great leadership small group yesterday. One of the guys was baptised back in March and he's sharing about his process in discovering his area of passion. Its amazing to look in on a person's life like that and see God's transforming grace take them places they never thought they'd go. This guy is already a born leader. Now to see God shaping his priorities...wow...I have to say I had to blink a few times just to ensure that the sense of awe I experienced didn't overflow in an inappropriately unmanly way.

Well the day is calling...better jump on into it...

Jonesboss

No comments: