Friday, April 16, 2004

On The Other Hand...

This week has been a good, but strange, one. Good, because despite some nagging issues I have yet to resolve, I am remarkably upbeat! My petition to God to increase the hours in a day seems to have gone unheard...yet I am enjoying hugely what I am getting to do. I'm hopeful that this means I am slowly getting my priorities better in line - course it could mean I'm just doing what I like...

I'm pumped about:

* The 4 people who are getting baptised this weekend. I met with them as a group last night and we worked on them telling their stories - what awesome, amazing examples of transformation! One from a background of abuse, another a church kid gone way wrong coming back to Christ. Two with no Christian background - one who decided to check out Christianity for himself and was overwhelmed by the evidence, another who was coverted to community before he ever started to check out the claims of Christ. I can hardly wait!

* Our new series: CloseUp: We are gonna tell the redemptive stories of people from the cession|community who have firsthand experience of life encountering truth (that's our vision). The guy I told you about yesterday - he and his wife have agreed to be first up! Another couple, who came to the cession|community living in a de facto relationship are gonna announce their decision to live apart in obedience to Christ - I can't wait for that one...Others in the pipeline just as mindblowing...

* The new people who have been coming along on Sunday nights - God is drawing his children to him

* The new life group I'm starting in 2 weeks for new Christians - actually I think it started last night with our baptism group sitting round telling their stories!

* A conversation with my brother-in-law this week concerning The Passion - he brought it up having just seen it...I couldn't quite believe that he was even thinking about it - you'd understand if you knew him...but I am reminded that we are all the same when it comes down to it - in need of God and on a quest to have that need met...Praying for a next step...

I was gonna write this counterpoint: "I am deflated by" but now I'm too pumped to do it! Positive confession is good for the soul...

The Flying High Kiwi

No comments: