Saturday, March 13, 2004

History Lessons

I suppose I could be accused of double dipping, but I made my first mistake in the blogging world - posting a blog BEFORE reading other blogs which may make incorrect assertions that one might wish to correct...

Thompson - Australia (known to NZ'ers as West Island) was (and is for some) a penal colony - New Zealand never was - it was a land of opportunity for impoverished Brits - next you'll be trying to tell me the Wright Brothers were the first to successfully fly a heavier than air flying machine - when every right thinking Antipodean knows it was Richard Pearce (a Kiwi as it happens - who says we can't fly?) Check it out at http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/pearse.html - I'll work out how to do the fancy link thing one day soon...

The Flying Kiwi

No comments: