Thursday, September 27, 2007

Brainwashing

So, I've been enjoying the World Cup rugby feast and don't buy in at all to the argument that says the Rugby minnows don't belong. Ask Ireland how they feel about the minnows!

But in the process I've been educating my own minnow - Rhys! He already knows how to catch and pass a rugby ball and how to score a try. So I thought it was time to take it up a notch as he has got to watch a fair bit with me recently.

My plan was to have him try to get around me with the ball in hand. I'd let him do that and score a try say 50% of the time - the other 50% I'd tackle him. So far so good - he ran the ball with enthusiasm and scored his tries and took the tackle like a man.

Then it was his turn to tackle me. So I run at him with the ball yelling "tackle me, tackle me". He comes charging at me, arms extended and...

...tickles me!

Something got lost in the brainwashing process, I guess...



1 comment:

Steve Goble said...

That's funny!