Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Feeling sweaty...

I know I'm not the only one...but I have this love-hate relationship with exercise...I always feel great afterwards, enjoy the sense of achievement, love the competition with myself and appreciate the opportunity to live longer because of it...but the battle is in getting there! Anyways, I got there this morning which is why I'm S-W-E-A-T-Y!

Sunday was great, with a number returning from the previous week's cafe outreach and a heap of friends and family there for a dedication. We started a new series leading up to Christmas - week 1 we unpacked the place of Sabbath in our lives - Melissa did a great job on the message round the metaphor of our cups being filled...we have this dining table as part of the set and draw on different elements from the setting. Included her husband popping the cork on a bottle of fine red wine as she spoke on the aroma of life...you had to be there...

Got a heap of ongoing planning to achieve this week. I find I avoid this when I'm on my own - I prefer the engagement with others but they have to work during the week so I guess thats why I get paid the big bucks...

This coming Sunday we baptise 3 of our community! Looking forward to it, although the pool we're using is solar heated only - translation: there's no ice on the surface...

Anyways, better hit the showers...for everyone's sake...

JonesBO

No comments: