Thursday, September 29, 2005

Surreality...

Two surreal experiences this week that are drawing me to blog...

The first was a live vasectomy on TV this week. My wife summoned me to watch I suspect to make me feel uncomfortable. However, the experience was more surreal than disturbing. The Dr in question performed the vasectomy using 2 mangos, 2 shoelaces, a brown paper bag and a banana. He proceeded to slice open the paper bag with his scalpel and cut the shoelaces which were inside attached to the mangos at one end and the banana at the other. He did this all with a straight face which made it simply hilarious...especially when he gave the anaesthetic which he described as a "small prick"...

The second was the sight of me working on a Habitat for Humanity building site. I love to help out with these sorts of things but I fear that my building skills take the Humane out of Humanity and put the Rehab into Habitat... Anyway, Ryan Gerten and I took 2 hours to instal a shelf into a wardrobe. We decided that if we were builders we would be poor... Funny happenings included: Ryan drilling a hole through the wall in completely the wrong place - this wouldn't have been funny if I had done it, but Ryan actually had some clue about what was supposed to happen. The Site manager accusing us of installing our shelf crooked - in fact our shelf was completely level - turned out it was the house that was out! These enthusiatic Christians wearing T Shirts emblazoned with: "The Church Has Left the Building: Gone Outreaching". I'm not saying a word. Several pastors posing for photo opps (actually we were just jealous). A fun morning.

Its the day off today on account of a 2 day seminar Friday/Saturday. Caught up on my blog reading...a nice way to waste time: haven't you got something better to do than read this crap?

Jonesbuilder

No comments: