Saturday, January 08, 2005

Pondering...

I am by nature a reflective person. Most of my battles are won and lost in the mind long before they play out in action. This last week has been a great time of relaxation and spending quality time with friends with some ongoing processing whispering in the gaps. I've worked really hard at not working over my break and feel significantly refreshed...and now the year stands before me...

I've branded 2005: the year of no excuses...I have everything a person could want: a phenomenal wife, a family in the making, a full time pastoral appointment (a dream 5 years in the making), a church that has been custom made, friends and partners in ministry who are exceptional, the list goes on...

So. I've run out of excuses for why I cannot be the best Jonesboy in 2005 that I can. I'm left with a bunch of impatient thoughts for this year that I now need to tame and a yoke that I need to take on fully. The book of James captures me so perfectly and is a text that I need to start my year with as I pursue that goal. There's a wrestle ahead for sure! But...this IS the year of no excuses!

And this is the blog where the excuses will be chronicled...so in 2005, feel free to fire away (in love) and help me banish my excuses...

Jonesboy


No comments: